While we surely carry our huge collection of music wherever we go, there are times when we want to discover music and acquire tastes. This is where radio and podcasts help a great deal. Your mac does not come with an AM or FM receiver but you can utilise Internet to listen to these radio services. iHeartRadio is one such online radio service that enables you to listen to all the services over the country. But the dedicated app is for iOS and Android only. However, this should be least of your concern as we will see soon, that you can enjoy iHeartRadio on your Macs too.
iHeartRadio – A plethora of choice
iHeartRadio is an online service that lets you tune into audio feeds like radio stations, music, news, podcasts, sports and talk shows i.e. the app is responsible for streaming in the data from Internet to your Mac. You can listen to any local FM and AM station across America and even Mexico city! Popular radio channels like 106.7 Lite FM, Z100, KIIS FM, KTU 103.5, 104.3 myFM (Los Angeles), Wild 94.9 (from the Bay Area i.e. San Francisco to San Jose). There are also free custom artists stations to tune into which has a collection of more than 20 million songs. Live sports commentary through radio is also available from ESPN, Fox Sports, Kentucky Sports Radio and your favorite podcasts like Ted Talks, On Air with Ryan Seacrest, The Breakfast Club, Bob and Tom in the Morning, Elvis Duran and The Bobby bones show! You get all this for no charge at all!
So, while you now know what you are getting, let us look at ways to get the app for your Mac!
iHeartRadio for Mac
In order to enjoy the free radio service, you will need a software Bluestacks. So what exactly is it? Bluestacks is an Android emulator for your Mac – it can basically run all your Android apps and games on your Mac. And it is not limited to that, it also lets you access Google playstore in order to download and install them. But how does this help your Mac? The app is available for Android and hence through Bluestacks, you can run it on your Mac! Lets look at the steps involved:
Must Read: ShareIt for Mac – Free Download!
- From here, download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac.
- Now prepare your Mac for installation by enabling app installation from any sources (from your system preferences) and continue with the installation.
- On completion, you will need to setup certain preferences and your Google account (you can use your existing Gmail ID and password or create a new one).
- You will now be at the home screen. From the top search bar, type “iHeartRadio” and search for it.
- When found, you will be taken to the playstore page of the app and you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Once installation finishes, come back to the home screen. You will see the app listed, click on it to launch the app.
With these steps and an Internet connection, you can tune to thousands of radio stations from your Mac!