Need for speed is a premium racing franchise that is known to most gamers in both PC and console worlds with some iconic titles in the past. It’s a pity that the game was never ported to your beloved Mac. But that is all set to change with the new title Need for Speed: No Limits. Though the game is being released for iOS and Android, there is a way to run the game on your Mac.
Must Read: Dead Trigger 2 for Mac – Download For Free!
Bluestacks is the answer! Before we start detailing about it, let’s have a look at the game first.
Need for Speed: No Limits – The Game
As with any other Need for Speed game, the game is an arcade racer. While true simulation fans may have to look at other racing games, this is great for enjoying the races between stops while commuting or just have a blast! The controls are smoothed out and based on touch/click on the various areas of the screen. The acceleration is auto and braking requires clicks and drifting is surprisingly easy!
The game features exclusive automotive parts and all the exotic, muscle and Japanese cars with racing chomps. The engine sound are though quite generic but the handling subtlety makes up for it. The races are standard with various types of events but there is no free roam available however. Cars can be upgraded in garage with alterations in paint job, engine components and tweaks. The sound track goes well with the races and is carefully selected.
With a chance to run one of the NFS games on your Mac, let us look at the steps involved.
Need for Speed: No Limits for Mac
In order to enjoy the game on your Mac, you will need to install a software called Bluestacks. The game is also available for Android and this is what is going to help us. But How? Well Bluestacks is an Android emulator for your Mac that can run Android apps and games and even let you access Google’s playstore to download and install them. So you will be installing the game from within Bluestacks. Let us hence look at the detailed steps involved in order to get started.
- From here, download the latest Bluestacks setup for your Mac.
- Before installing, enable installation of apps from any sources in your system preferences. Now install Bluestacks!
- After the installation is done, start Bluestacks. For the first time, you will need to enter your default interface language. And then you need to sync your Google account, which can be done by either using an existing Gmail ID and password or by creating a new one.
- After this basic setup, you will land at the home screen. On the top search bar, type “Need for Speed: No Limits” and search for it.
- When found, you will be at the playstore page of the game. Click on the “install” button to start the installation.
- Once done, come back to home screen and you will see the game listed there. Click on the game’s entry to launch the game!
With these steps, you can enjoy the game on your Mac!