Sonic the hedgehog – a character that is unique and immediately recognizable as a mascot of video game has set foot on the mobile platforms in a new 3D avatar as Sonic Dash. But then you cannot just have all the good in the world, can you? Well, the game is released for smartphones and tablets only. While windows devices can enjoy it courtesy – universal apps, you are stuck with your Mac! But worry not, as Bluestacks has you covered in this respect. The hows and whats is answered below!
Must Read: Angry Birds Go – Go Cart Racing on Mac
Sonic Dash – Review
The sonic dash game is modern 3D and infinite running avatar of the classic platformer. Your basic aim in the game is to run as long as possible while the track gets faster and trickier to navigate. Your objective is to collect as many coins as possible while running and not getting yourself killed. The coins are either normal golden in color or red – which usually carries special powers.
The environment is based on Lost Shores level from Sonic Adventure and it has many of the villains from the classic series. Apart from this standard affair, with coins you can help sonic upgrade his powers and race better. While there is no cooperative multi-player sessions, you can definitely compare your scores online and see who tops the charts. The visuals are ramped up and resemble more like modern 3D environments and less like 8-bit graphics, also, the sound track is catchy initially but slowly fades off as you keep on playing.
Must Read: Dead Trigger 2 for Mac – Download For Free!
With such an iconic character in a revamped game for the modern public, it might be time to look at how to get it up and running on your Mac
Sonic Dash for Mac
In order to run the game on your Mac, you will need a piece of software called Bluestacks. What does it do? Well Bluestacks is an Android emulator that can not only run Android games and apps on your Mac, but also lets you access Google’s playstore to download and install them. How does it help? Well the game is available for Android and hence through Bluestacks, it comes to your Mac as well. Let us have a look at the detailed steps involved:
- Download the latest Bluestacks setup for your Mac from here!
- From your system preferences, make sure that your Mac can install software from any sources. Now proceed with the installation of Bluestacks
- After it is done, start Bluestacks. For the first time, you will need to setup default language and then your Google account (for which you can use an existing Gmail ID and password or create a new account)
- Once done, you will land at the home screen. On the top search bar, type “Sonic Dash” and search for it.
- When found, you will be taken to the playstore page from where you need to click on the “install”
button to install the game.
- Once it gets installed, go back to the home screen and you will see that the game is listed there. Click on it to launch the game!